Do You Suffer from Migraines? Here’s How We Can Help
There are headaches, and then there are headaches. Unfortunately, migraine sufferers know the difference better than most, and with more than 39 million Americans experiencing the condition annually, it’s one of the most debilitating illnesses in medicine today. Migraines affect both the brain and nerves, and the challenge of treating the headaches effectively mirrors the complexity of the conditions. So what are migraines, what are some tips for severe headache relief, and how can MAPS Centers for Pain Control provide long-term solutions?
What is a Migraine?
Migraines are a neurological illness that can result in severe headaches and symptoms, including throbbing, pulsing or pounding pain on one or both sides of the head, neck or face, visual and balance disturbances, mood changes, nausea, vomiting and more. In addition, sensory input like sound, light, scent and even movement can make the condition worse or longer-lasting. Hence, migraine attacks are debilitating and significantly impact the quality of life for many sufferers.
How to Help Yourself: Tips for Quick Relief
While there is no cure for migraines, prevention and headache relief are essential aspects of managing the condition:
- Prevention is the best medicine. Dedicate time observing personal triggers, including bright light, caffeine consumption, strong scents, stress, etc. and work towards managing exposure.
- Pay attention to sensations that warn a migraine is on the way, like auras in your vision, mood changes, neck pain, food cravings, loss of appetite, or nausea. Try to limit or eliminate sensory stimulation that could make things worse, like excess sound, smells, light and heat.
- Several studies indicate that applying frozen compresses to the neck’s front sides provides promising relief from headaches by cooling major vascular pathways in the brain.
Long-Term Solutions through MAPS
At MAPS, our double-board certified physicians have a singular focus, providing our patients with compassionate care and the most efficient and effective pain relief options available today. In addition, many migraine treatments are available to help provide headache relief:
- Responsible Medication Management – Managing a chronic migraine isn’t as simple as taking a pain reliever. However, many patients respond well to medications that help prevent migraines and benefit from support around stronger pain relief options.
- Botox For Pain Relief – Since pain signals travel from the body to the brain through nerves, Botox injections act as a roadblock to prevent some of those signals from resulting in pain. MAPS is experienced in effective Botox Treatment for Migraines.
- Comprehensive Care – Migraine headaches are debilitating and complex, impacting so much in patients’ lives. At MAPS, we work with our patient’s primary care physicians and encourage physical therapy and mindfulness meditation to ensure our clients are receiving comprehensive relief.
Don’t Suffer from Migraines Alone
At MAPS Centers for Pain Control, we understand complex pain conditions and have dedicated our professional lives to supporting those who experience them. We take the time to understand how migraine headaches impact you and then create a customized treatment plan to provide the safest, fastest and longest-lasting migraine headache relief possible. Don’t suffer alone; reach out to your team at MAPS Centers for Pain Control today.