Are you tired of battling relentless back pain? You’re not alone – with over 65 million Americans grappling with back pain episodes, and some enduring chronic discomfort, the struggle is real. However, finding the optimal treatment can be a daunting task. Many suffer in silence or resort to intricate surgeries. At MAPS, our team of back pain specialists is committed to delivering custom solutions crafted specifically for your unique condition. Dive into our latest blog, “Say Goodbye to Back Pain in the Upcoming Year,” to explore the realm of minimally invasive treatments that can revolutionize your approach to back pain relief.
Injection-Based Therapy Solutions
One of our top treatment options for back pain involves medical injections. These treatments not only deliver swift pain relief but also prioritize a minimally invasive approach. We offer the following options:
- Lumbar and Cervical Injections: Designed to reduce inflammation and pain, these injections are delivered to the lumber (lower back) or cervical (neck) areas of the spine. They’re commonly used for conditions like herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and arthritis.
- Epidural Steroid Injections: These injections are administered to the spinal cord area. Like lumber and cervical injections, they’re typically used for herniated discs and spinal stenosis.
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection: This injection targets the sacroiliac joint, which links the spine to the pelvis. It can assist with lower back pain.
- Trigger Point Injections: Do your muscles feel tight? If so, you may have trigger points, or tight knots that cause pain. These injections can relieve pain and improve mobility.
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block: This injection is designed for your lower back region. In addition to blocking pain signals, it can improve blood flow to the area.
- Interscalene/Intercostal Blocks: Used for shoulder and arm pain, interscalene blocks are injected in the space between the vertebrae in your neck. Intercostal blocks, meanwhile, are used for chest pain and injected between the ribs.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
In addition to injection-based therapy, we provide interventional pain procedures based on the latest in medical technology. Many patients have achieved long-term relief from the following procedures:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This treatment involves generating heat with radiofrequency waves, which then disables nerves that are transmitting pain signals.
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation: In this treatment, a small device is implanted near the spinal cord. It then delivers electrical impulses that block pain signals before they reach the brain.
- Kyphoplasty: Generally used to treat vertebral fractures, this procedure requires injecting bone cement in the fractured area. This helps stabilize the vertebra and restore its height.
- Vertebroplasty: Like kyphoplasty, this treatment involves injecting bone cement into a fractured vertebra. However, the ultimate goal is pain relief rather than height restoration.
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block: As mentioned earlier, this minimally invasive treatment consists of injections in the lower back region.
- Disc Decompression: Non-surgical disc decompression involves traction or spinal decompression therapy, which takes pressure off your spinal disc and nerves. It’s especially helpful for herniated discs and spinal stenosis.
Discover Back Pain Treatments at MAPs
Are you looking for a non-surgical solution for your back pain? At MAPS, we offer a team of experienced, double-board certified back pain doctors in Chicago. After carefully reviewing your medical history and symptoms, we can find a solution that works for you. Contact us today to learn more.